if you didnt already know, i feel like everyone who has met him tho will agree...
anywho he just got a fun new toy - its a brompton! they are kinda the coolest folding bikes ever. they even have a brompton bike race - the first one in the usa is gonna be this march in philly, i think he;s gonna do it! in 2008 his sister actually came in 3rd at the Smithfield Nocturne and won best dressed female - for which the prize was a bespoke bowler helmet presented by Paul Smith. then in 2009 she competed in the BWC - the brompton world championship - where her best dressed title was usurped by another (i do not think better dressed) lady...
joanna being best dressed - ps the theme for the race is business attire bc the brompton is perfect for riding to work!
who am i to write a eulogy for someone who has changed so many lives and the fashion industry as a whole? would Gareth Pugh been so well excepted if Alexander McQueen hadn't been there to pave the way?
i am going to do an Alexander McQueen illustration now i guess. man, im really sad.
adam took me to the loveliest restaurant last night called Katja in the lower east side. it was sooooooooo yummy!!! we had the sausage sampler - which has 3 different types of sausage, pork belly (one of mah faves!) sauerkraut, and some of the most buttery and melt in your mouth dumplings ive ever had!! dude, it was so good! and real reasonable in price too! we each had some big draft beers AND the best desert! warm chocolate cake with orange marmalade (they call it marmalade, i call it zesty orange orgasm) and a big scoop of schlag! for those of you who dont know, schlag is homemade whipped cream that is both dense and airy at the same time - i have one girlfriend who is so obsessed with the stuff that when she goes to Peter Luger she gets a to-go cup to bring home with her! (and the bitch is skinny so she can do that haha)
oh, and the waitress really liked my Rabid Fox ring, but obvs who wouldnt?!
lookin at me nekkit. thats what i want. these are the finalists. they are all from the same company - they are custom hand painted shower curtains!
i also learned this this morning. please dont use pvc shower curtains! you will harm yourself! it is actually incredibly dangerous, the "smell" that comes from the pvc is actually about 108 different gasses that have been shown to: "PVC shower curtains contain many harmful chemicals, including volatile organic compounds (VOCs), phthalates and organotins. Toxic chemical off-gassing from PVC shower curtains may contribute to respiratory irritation, damage to the central nervous system, liver and kidney, nausea, headaches and loss of coordination."
if you would like to learn more about PVC and the damages it can do to you and the environment please check out this.
(found on the internetz while researching religious shower curtains - the finalists coming soon!)
im just gonna put in the best ones...
STEPS IN OVERCOMING MASTURBATION
Mark E. Petersen
Council of the 12 Apostles
Be assured that you can be cured of your difficulty. Many have been, both male and female, and you can be also if you determine that it must be so.
A Guide to Self-Control:
1. Never touch the intimate parts of your body except during normal toilet processes.
2. Avoid being alone as much as possible. Find good company and stay in this good company.
3. If you are associated with other persons having this same problem, YOU MUST BREAK OFF THEIR FRIENDSHIP. Never associate with other people having the same weakness. Don't suppose that two of you will quit together, you never will. You must get away from people of that kind. Just to be in their presence will keep your problem foremost in your mind. The problem must be taken OUT OF YOUR MIND for that is where it really exists. Your mind must be on other and more wholesome things.
4. When you bathe, do not admire yourself in a mirror. Never stay in the bath more than five or six minutes -- just long enough to bathe and dry and dress AND THEN GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM into a room where you will have some member of your family present.
5. When in bed, if that is where you have your problem for the most part, dress yourself for the night so securely that you cannot easily touch your vital parts, and so that it would be difficult and time consuming for you to remove those clothes. By the time you started to remove protective clothing you would have sufficiently controlled your thinking that the temptation would leave you.
1. Pray daily, ask for the gifts of the Spirit, that which will strengthen you against temptation. Pray fervently and out loud when the temptations are the strongest.
3. When the temptation to masturbate is strong, yell STOP to those thoughts as loudly as you can in your mind and then recite a prechosen Scripture or sing an inspirational hymn. It is important to turn your thoughts away from the selfish need to indulge.
9. Make a pocket calendar for a month on a small card. Carry it with you, but show it to no one. If you have a lapse of self control, color the day black. Your goal will be to have no black days. The calendar becomes a strong visual reminder of self control and should be looked at when you are tempted to add another black day. Keep your calendar up until you have at least three clear months.
12. During your toileting and shower activities leave the bathroom door or shower curtain partly open, to discourage being alone in total privacy. Take cool brief showers.
15. Reduce the amount of spices and condiments in your food. Eat as lightly as possible at night.
16. Wear pajamas that are difficult to open, yet loose and not binding.
19. In very severe cases it may be necessary to tie a hand to the bed frame with a tie in order that the habit of masturbating in a semi-sleep condition can be broken. This can also be accomplished by wearing several layers of clothing which would be difficult to remove while half asleep.
21. Do not let yourself return to any past habit or attitude patterns which were part of your problem. Satan Never Gives Up. Be calmly and confidently on guard. Keep a positive mental attitude. You can win this fight! The joy and strength you will feel when you do will give your whole life a radiant and spiritual glow of satisfaction and fulfillment.
there is a really great movie my photographer friend Rene Micheli lent me called Eyes of Laura Mars. i defs recomend it! its a slasher movie with Faye Dunaway and Tommy Lee Jones (young Tommy Lee Jones oooh yes) that is about a fashion photographer who starts to see murders as they are happening thru the eyes of the killer. the costumes are amazing, and it is also pretty cool to see manhattan in 1978. so different than what it is like now! soho? try don't go, ho. haha
photos are from the internetz
anyway, adam and i were talking after i watched it, (he was very proud of me for watching a scary movie) and i was telling him about the young Tommy Lee Jones. this is the path of that conversation:
Tommy Lee Jones
Tommy Lee Gifford
so i have been obsessing over the combo of whiskey and nachos sinse thanksgiving, when it first occured to me durring my travels to RI... i have to tell you, it did NOT dissapoint! at all.
so last night was the super bowl. i am not a sports fan, but last nights game was a true testament to a well played game! the saints were phenomenal, and new orleans could not deserve a win more. i went to my good friends home, where the party was pants optional. everyone brought some good ole fashion american heart clogging food! there was spicy meatballs, deviled eggs (cheddar and bacon style!) home made mac n cheese, stuffed potato skins, spicy italian sausage and peppers, pulled chicken nachos (obvs), and some of the best chili i have ever had. ever. there was no ground beef, instead there were massive hunks of steak that were so tender they melted in your mouth! o.m.g. dammit.
hey! friends! you know how i said i was leaving brooklyn and going to philly? well, they say there is a lot o snow coming and i got scared. the truth is, i dont want to die. yk? i dont think that is that bad...
i was able to work on my new illustration! huuuzaah! i made the ensemble on thursday, which explains the name... i think this would be a perfect weekday outfit. it is very chic and not try hard at all.. i am obsessed with any (every) type of harem/jodper/drop crotch pant out there and this psir from Oak is no exception! unfortunatly (or fortunatly for my wallet) they are sold out. so i just get to draw them. i hope you enjoy it! i am working on another one now, so i may have it done before i head over to the neon indian show at market hotel tonight.
this is a lifestyle blog. love each other and make the best of everyday. as americans we need to stick together to make this country great. there are too many phenomenal people and things going on here for us to fail. also - fashion, architecture, illustration, fake nails and nail art, color, composition, DIY, love. i love love.
all photos are taken by me unless otherwise stated.